Sunday, April 3, 2011

IIM-Kozhikode Interview Experience

Here goes my interview experience for IIM-K.

Date : 28th Mar 2011, Hotel Monarch Luxur B'lore at 8.30 am

Background:
X : 85
XII :84
BE in Comp. Engg from SGSITS Indore
Workin wid Infosys from Jul 2010.


Essay: When u believe everythin is finished;yet there is a beginning

Wrote a nice structured essay after thinkin fr few minutes of around 3 page
After the essay, began the process of doc verification, n before that taking the attendance they divided us in 4 Panels. I was assigned No 3 in Panel 1st itself. Then they asked if every1 has a xerox n dose who missed it were allowed to go n have it, but lemme tell u it certainly leaves a bad impression that u raise your hands n go to get xerox in front of the panel members.

PI : After doc verification I headed towards the Waiting room , n while going through the elevator, I coincidentally met the guy who was No 1 in my panel and he was done wid d interview, so i jus briefly asked him , how is it going ? N he said " Bro its all technical, they are stressin at " , I was shocked like anything Shocked


Finally said myself "Common I can do it". Reached d room on the waiting floor where the Interviews were going on.


After 5 mins of waiting comes a man and asks anyone in this room for Panel 1 , I raised my hand and He said OK come
I thot how easily he's inviting me to get screwed Grin

Panel Members :
P1: The same buddy who called me , into his 40's
P2: A young buddy in his 30's.
Me : Priyesh

I was standing outside the door, when P1 called , Please Come in

Handed over the xerox docs to P1
p1: OK quickly introduce yourself
Me : Started of wid present job, to engg, to schoolin n family, at last some words about me as a whole.

p1: I see a continuous variation in your marks, 1st year 65,2nd fell to 63,3rd u had 67 n final u had 72 , so wat exactly was in final year dat u scored more than 70's. Everyone in your college got it, or u did somthin spcl , or wer d teacher favourable to u in the last year, After saying d last line, started laughing wid P2

Me: Sir i would say, that I didnt find any favour in the eyes of the teacher and i never found it in my whole engg. Just said that In final yr we had project n all so ending up project soon helped saving time and so could dedicate that to studying more.

P1: So wat was your final yr project?
Me: Told n den some few questions on the project.

P1 says to P2 : Sir can you continue.
P2: Fine Priyesh, U r workin with Infosys, what impact does the budget had this tym on the SW industry ?

Me: Had prepared so Explained well , taking cases of 2-3 Companies, n believe me this was d guy who looked satisfied all the time with every answer of mine.

P2: P1 you can continue.
P1: Priyesh you must have studied Maths , I said yes sir, to this He said "Hmm I can see that you were a master in Maths, 98 in 10th, 96 in 12th, Superb"

I was sure, these high marks are gonna screw me well Cry

P1: So if i ask you some questions would you be able to answer them
Me: Sure sir, i will try me level best

P1:Which topic
Me:Any of the topic that you want( That time i had no idea of ny topic Grin)

P1:No you only tell me which topic I shud ask you ?
Me: Huh Wat to say , I was lyk so confused, which would be the topic wherein I hav d least chances of gettin screwed. So finally a word came into mind and without any more thots said " EQUATIONS "

P1: Okay define an equation for me ?
Me: Define an equation Huh, after thinkin for a few seconds said, Sir m not getting words to define an equation bt i can surely show wat it means.Took an example and explained him

P1: What is an expression ?
Me: E x p r e s s i o n Huh Could not recall

P1:okay what is the difference between expression and equation
Me: Smilingly said, Sir if i dont kno what an expression is, how would i diffrentiate it from an equation Grin. Both f dem started laughing , n finally after long tym P2 smilingly said to P1, Wat sir " Hw could u ask him to diffrentiate dem" Even i nodded with P2

P1: P2 u can continue

p2: Priyesh, tell me which person of Infosys is heading the Aadhar project
Me: Told him

P2: SO any disadvantages that you see in Aadhar
Me: Explained my view on Aadhar, not exactly disadvantages, but yes said a few negative points on it.

P1 continues: Any models u know??
Me: Shocked What is he asking , Konsi Models ? Grin so i said Models???

P1: Mathematical model
Me: No sir, i think i have studied some but cudnt recall.

P1: I am done sir anythin u wanna ask
P2: Priyesh Anything you would like to say on Climate change and any Indian personality u know whos done a lot of research on Climate Change

Me: Told all that came to my mind.
P1: Thanks for coming Priyesh

P2: (As i was getting up from chair)Any other calls?
Me: No sir !!

Me: Finally thanked them again n I dont know y i did this, I completely stood up from chair n before leaving , I asked P2, Sir if u dont mind can u temme d name of that Indian personality
P2: so he told me the answer.


VIEW OTHER PI EXPERIENCES

11 comments:

  1. You weren't asked any technical questions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I was , I have mentioned that I was asked questions on my final year project.

    I was asked y did i go for Java as a language and some more which were related to the project and I cant write them because you wont b gettin the context on which they were asked !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What all you said on Climate change ? N who was dat Indian personality ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Aditi.. !!!
    I discussed some topics like Cancun summit and its impact on India.
    N dt Indian personality is Rajesh Pachauri.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So have u converted the Call

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hie Rishabh !! The results are yet to b announced dear !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got offer letter from Infosys. I am a average student in programming not in communication skill. So I have one doubt. The doubt is there any test for communication? .

    ReplyDelete

Enter your query..